Foreign CashIt is always important to carry a mixed wallet when travelling overseas. A small amount of cash is ideal for taxis, shopping, meals and tipping.
As the world's foreign exchange specialist, Travelex has all your travel money needs covered.
You can pre-order your foreign currency ‘wallet’ at any Harvey World Travel agency for collection with 24-48 hours notice.
Harvey World Travel also supports over 40 full-service Travelex in-store bureaus with major currencies on hand.
Travellers can also earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points on selected foreign currency transactions. Simply present your Qantas Frequent Flyer card, at a Travelex in-store bureau located within Harvey World Travel, at point of transaction to earn points. See Qantas Frequent Flyer Points for more details.
Travellers cheques are available in all major world currencies, travellers cheques are easy to use, refundable, excellent for budgeting and accepted worldwide at thousands of locations. They are the perfect complement to local currency and credit cards.
And remember, if you have any unused travellers cheques, you can keep them for your next trip -they are valid forever!
When you receive your travellers cheques
- You must sign each travellers cheque once, as soon as you receive it.
- Keep your copy of the Purchase Agreement Form in a safe place and separate from your travellers cheques.
- Remember to safeguard your travellers cheques as you would your cash.
Cashing your travellers cheques
- When you go to encash your travellers cheques, remember to take your passport or similar identification with you.
- It is important that you make a note of the numbers of the travellers cheques as you encash them. Keep this record separate from your remaining cheques.
Wires & Drafts
Simply send it with Travelex
Sending money overseas can be tricky. You need to make sure it gets to the right person, as soon as possible. Or, if you're overseas and need money sent to you, then it becomes even more important that the money arrives quickly and securely. To help make sure money gets to where it's needed, Travelex located within over 50 Harvey World Travel locations offers two alternatives:
1. Wires (telegraphic transfers) allow you to transfer money electronically to most major cities around the world. Funds are deposited into a bank account of your choice, with the process usually taking no more than a few minutes. To discuss the terms and conditions for telegraphic transfers, please speak with one of our Travelex Cashiers at one of our 60 branches
2. Drafts (foreign currency cheques) are a great way to pay overseas and are available in a wide range of currencies.
Don’t delay and ask your nearest Harvey World Travel agency to assist with your Foreign Currency needs.
# LOST OR STOLEN CARDS
If you lose your Multi-currency Cash Passport or it is stolen,
reporting this to Card Services immediately will help protect the funds
on the Card.
A dedicated Card Services team is on hand to help, 24 hours a day,
seven days a week. If your Multi-currency Cash Passport goes missing
call Card Services straightaway and they will cancel it giving complete
protection of your funds (subject to full compliance with the Terms and
Conditions). The Card Services team can then make appropriate
arrangements to minimise the impact on your trip, including emergency
cash replacement up to the available balance of your Card, subject to
Please click here, to find details on how to contact the 24/7 Card Services helpline by phone.
If you notice any transactions on your Multi-currency Cash Passport
that are incorrect or that you don’t recognise, please call the 24 hour
Card Services helpline immediately. In addition, if you believe your PIN
or any other security information may have been compromised, please
call Card Services.
If you have two Cards, linked to the same balance and you lose one of
these Cards you can still access your funds using the Secondary Card
without having to wait for a replacement Card. Please be aware that you
must still call Card Services immediately so that they can block the
lost or stolen Card.
If both Multi-currency Cash Passports are lost or stolen, Card
Services can arrange for replacement Cards, and if necessary start the
procedure for disputing unauthorised transactions. In an emergency
situation they may arrange for funds, up to the available balance on
your Card, to be sent to you, via a global money transfer network, free
of charge and usually available within 2 hours, but up to 24 hours in
more remote locations, subject to availability.
If you have any general queries, or want to pass on any comments about using your Card, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax +44 (0) 1733 50 2370